If you Ctrl+Click on the little box that shows what is on the layer, it will create a selection the same shape as everything on that layer. This works in Photoshop, too.
I don’t know how I lived life before knowing this.
IT’S TRUE IT WORKS OMG
ok, let me show you how to do something like this (but not in a gif way) This is my first tutorial, so please be kind.
1. open your image. It works better with pictures with a plain background.
2. Desaturate your picture, it works better.
3. Then duplicate it 2 times (shift+J)
4. Choose your first layer. Your layer palette should look like this:
5. then go to image>adjustments>levels and enter this settings:
6. Your image should have turned bright blue. Choose the third layer (not the background) and go to image>adjustments>levels and enter the following settings:
7. Your picture now should be red. Now change the red picture blending option to “Difference”. You’ll notice the image will turn as it was since the start. Now move the red one to the side. If you want you can move it a little for a little less effect or like you like it the most.
That’s everything! if you want you can cut it, just don’t add a psd it will look weird if you do.
These are my results:
I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE HDR EFFECT WAS HARD BUT IT’S ACTUALLY LIKE A 5 STEP THING BESIDES DUPLICATING AND FLATTENING SHIT HOLY FUCK I CAN DO IT. I’M SO EXCITED WOW THAT’S LOVELY and I have to share because no one every taught me this.
- Open your picture.
- Duplicate layer (Ctrl+J)
- Overlay that shit 50%
- Flatten image (Ctrl+E)
- Duplicate that one layer that you have now (Ctrl+J)
- Desaturate (Shift+Ctrl+U)
- Invert (Ctrl+I)
- Gaussian Blur it to 40
- Now overlay that B&W Blurred image
- Duplicate and sharpen if necessary
- AMAZEMENT WOW HOLY SHIT